Friday 4 November 2011

'The End is Nigh' picket poster

Another part of this collaboration was to create a picket sign showing the line 'The End is Nigh'. It is for a protest in the film about the apocalypse. 

The first thing I wanted to do was get the typography right, I looked up what typefaces they use in American Religious pickets, and it came up with a typeface named 'Kabel Book' - it is the typeface used for the infamous 'Westboro Baptist Church' pickets. 


This is another one I looked at for an alternative to this...

'Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold'


I then needed to come up with some church imagery - specifically contemporary "in with the kids" religious imagery. 

I came up with a few ideas based on some research I did (context blog)...




I did these on illustrator, experimenting with different vectors. 

These are a couple of posters I have put together. 



I am going to pitch both of these and the other crosses to Steve later on in a meeting we have organised for this afternoon to see which he prefers and sees as the most appropriate solution to the problem. 





No comments:

Post a Comment