Thursday, 9 February 2012

Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Supremebeing - image work

Following my idea generation sheets, I have worked on a design that I will later adapt and have coming out of the headphones. 

My layers pallette.

I then brought in my favourite of the logos that I had manipulated earlier.

My favourite type positioning.

Supremebeing - logo work

After looking into the different logos that supremebeing use, I thought about experimenting with it, changing the typeface and maybe adding imagery to put the name of the brand and the name of the range together. 

I have chosen 3 sans-serif typefaces to begin my experimentation. The fact that it is in lower case adds a contemporary 'young' informal feel to the design. 
I have experimented with changing the kerning of the type to make it all flow and touch, however I think that only the second one is fully legible. The top one does funny things to my eyes... definitely not what I was looking for.

This was a different direction to my experiments and the outcome that I prefer. I used the original logo of the brand and simply added a small vectorised snowboarders/skiiers. 
I have drawn 3 different ones so that I can have a choice when it comes to it. For this experiment I have simply replaced the dot of the 'I' with the image, I am now going to place them around and see if they work. 

Sunday, 13 November 2011

Threadless submission

I entered my tshirt design on threadless. It seems to be getting a good response which I am very happy about. 

T-shirt design

I have adapted my design to see if it would work on a tshirt. Everyone that I have asked said they would buy it. 

I have adapted the design so that it would work on a t-shirt, removed the straight edges around the sides.

This is it in context. I am very happy with how it has turned out.

Poster Drawings

I have been experimenting with drawing and using different programmes to edit and develop simple line drawings. 

This was the original line drawing in my sketch book. It is very abstract and cartoon-like.

I then live traced it on Illustrator.

I then transferred it into photoshop and added several textures...

I experimented with their transparency and then added colour to the image. 
I used quite a vast colour pallet.

This happened when I changed the colour of the actual lines. 

I then decided to add some type. As I do not know the details of the gig yet, I just put on some silly words to see how they would work.

I really like the way it has come out. It has something sinister to it, even though it seems rather child-like.

Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Mountains assett

This is some work that I am doing for the Supremebeing brief.

I used separate photographs as starting points based on my Alpine list.
I then used photoshop and layered them up in different ways as an experiment.

This is an experiment using 3 different layers of photographs to add depth to the image, I then added an abstract shape over the top. I am going to experiment more with this. But I like the result so far.